- We meet over dinner to talk about our ideas and strategies and have a general meeting once a month to make decisions and plan activities.
Communicating with our elected representatives
- We organise petitions, write letters and meet with our elected representatives.
- Although it’s now a bit out of date, ‘Get the picture, Kev?’ shows you the feelings of over 500 members of the Yarra community about the Federal Government’s climate policy failures.
- We expose the greenwash underneath the policies – like our Rebranding of Richard Wynne all of 2010.
Participating in public rallies
- We attend and help to build events which show our concern about climate change like the annual Walk against Warming.
Local council advocacy
- Our local action group keeps a close eye on the City of Yarra’s environmental policies and decisions and pushes them to make them better.
- Find out more about our Local action working group
Talks and Forums
- We organise talks and presentations from experts to keep us all informed about the latest climate science and technical and policy solutions to the climate crisis.
- We run non-partisan Vote Climate campaigns in the lead up to state and federal elections to educate the public on the climate and energy policies of the different parties and to encourage people to consider the climate crisis when they vote.
Yarra Community Solar
- YCAN is very proud and excited to be working on a new community initiative…Yarra Community Solar. We want to create a medium-scale community-owned rooftop solar ‘power station’ in our local area. Find out more here.